Thursday, December 18, 2003


Well it's another new day. Well, I always start with 'well'. What's the deal there?

I saw the new Lord of the Rings movie last night and I have to wonder why that movie evoked as much emotion in me as it did. From start to teeth-clenching finish, I was on the edge of my friggin seat. It was a dagnabbit rollercoaster ride that gripped and brutally assaulted my senses. I went through various stages; flinching, sweating, and general soreness afterwards. I don't know if I'm just over-the-top 'into' these movies (even though I have honestly never read the books) or that I'm too 'into' movies in general. At any rate, I highly recommend seeing it for anyone who wants to feel alive.

Re-group thoughts...

Folks, I want to apologize for mistreatment. Too many times in the past, we as human beings have been altogether too dishonest. So I would like to apologize, on behalf of the human race for all malcontent and untruth that has happened to everyone since the beginning of time. I'm really sorry. I'm sorry people often aren't who they say they are. I'm sorry that Christians can be arrogant and misleading. I'm sorry that Christians are human and not divine creatures who can love and forgive infinitely.

Why are we so territorial? Why are we ridiculously unfriendly at times to people who need a friend more than anything? Why are we so self-centered and self-gratifying when we should be looking 'outside the box'? Why do we SO OFTEN talk the talk when we should just shut up and walk the walk?

5 STEPS TO FREEDOM

1. Look outside yourself and maybe question whether or not there is a God (Loving Father) who can mend human dischord and give us an 'abundant' life.

2. Check out the Bible (any version will do) and especially read through the parts about Jesus (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) and get an idea of what He was trying to do while being on earth and realize His desire (this very day, thousands of years later) to have a personal and real relationship with you.

3. Regard it as truth or untruth; if seen as untruth, read no further. If seen as truth, close your eyes and ask Jesus to come and be with you in your heart.

4. Start to see life differently (this is fairly automatic after step 3) and 'talk' to Jesus as much as possible, maybe asking Him to provide you with some friends and folks who know the bible well and who can help you understand it and yourself a little better.

5. Go free.

Crazy eh?

Upon completion of these 5 steps, I CAN PERSONALLY PROMISE YOU that your life will never be the same again. I'm not saying it will be perfect, carefree and filled with lilies of the field, but it will allow you to experience 'freedom'. Freedom to live life without overwhelming fear. Freedom to never be truly alone again, because well, once you ask Jesus to come in, He ain't never leavin' you. Freedom to see life with eyes wide open. Freedom to look for and care about things 'outside the box' of yourself.
Freedom to live eternally.

WHAT THE?....

Now I know that last one sounds a little crazy (eternal life) or something that a Jehovah's witness would tell you on a thursday morning while invading your doorstep, but don't worry about fully comprehending that. I just threw it in to give a taste of what's to come.

All in good time.

peace


website statistics