Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Today is just one of those days where I feel at odds, in
sort of disarray or misaligned with the universe. This
could be due to the fact that Sarah is completely bogged
down with school crap, and we have no clean dishes, no
clean clothes and no food. Our schedules have been insane
but thank God for a moment like this where I can just
grab even a small piece of clarity in an uninhabited
library where the only real noise is the clicking of my
fingers on a keyboard. The sun was breaking through the
morning mist today as I drove Sarah to school early and
it was a cool sight. Kind of like a reassurance that in all
things there is Hope with a capital H.

I recently received an email from an old friend talking
about the 'band' days of a year or so ago and how his main
passion is to pursue music. It got me thinking that in the
long run, I think that when some people are passionate
about the music world, it is not because of the music
itself but rather to use music as a vehicle to make them-
selves famous. For all they care, they could be in a boy
band just as long as they had a following, groupies and
some dry ice (to quote a friend) but I think the missing
link here is 'quality not quantity'. I'd rather listen to the
homosexual lead singer of The Weakerthans spout his
interesting thought over pretty simple chords than hear
someone like DC Talk play arena-based crotchrocket
music that is so popular in the world of sheltered young
adults. Just a thought. Take it for what it is.

Anyways, to all my friends, I thank you for the ways in
which you have touched my life over the years. I just
feel sort of nostalgic today, for some reason, and I think
thanksgiving is in order. Have a quality day y'all.

By the way, be sure to check out the happenings of None
and his Crazy Chronicles at:
www.chroniclesofnone.blogspot.com

website statistics