Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The Camptown Races

By now, most of you have scurried back to your normal existences;
eating cheese, drinking beer in your gitch, picking ear nuggets with a
geometry compass from high school...and so on. The holiday jingling
of bells is all but a memory and a colder, more harsh wind of january
blows full throttle, even making the soul chilly. Family have scattered
back to their regions of the globe and you are you...wherever you are.

I think it's important that one doesn't lose oneself in the hustle and
bustle of 'I'm gonna burn off all those sugar cookies and egg nog I
devoured' or 'I'm gonna find a new and better job' or 'I'm still hungover
and in need of an ice bath'. I think one should just take a moment...
breathe...and be rooted in who and where you are. Take a moment
to realize that even though you're living with many complications
that you'd like to erase...you're still living. That's worth something.

'I went to the woods to live deliberately.'



website statistics