Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Reset The Jetstream


Things continue to change, all around, all the time. We live in a chaotic
state of flux that delivers no real promises except for the very moment
in which we are living and breathing, and even then, our human
condition leads us to always either look ahead or forward so there
really is no 'now'. Still pluggin' away at the call centre, and it seems
the firewall is down for a few mere moments so I must take advantage
of said opportunity. Plus, the monotony is that of none other that I
have experienced, making it very inviting to avoid.
I'm not sure what will be happening in the next while - it seems that

things are changing in the life of Sarah and myself, and we didn't really
do a whole lot to make it that way. Possibly a new career for me and
a great part-time/teacher-type job for Sarah next year AND a new
place to live. We are going into a new age, navigating new terrain.
And it's feeling pretty good. The anxiety I have is still there, and pops
its ugly head out from time to time, but I think I have crossed the
barrier of understanding that it's all in my head and that anxiety
will happen to everyone from time to time, and just the knowing
that it will pass eventually helps a great deal.
I had a great chat with my good friend Jonny-Boy-BC-Aurora last

night - it had been eons since we had conversed to such depth.
He is a good friend and I will be seeing him soon. I miss my friends. I miss
the thursday night meetings I had all this year and last with my homie
Mark, though I may be seeing him more frequently...time will tell.
I miss my good friend Justin, my long-time house-mate and sidekick,
and I haven't seen him in at least half a year. Josh
is someone I think about alot too...wonder what he's doing. Ray
and Dalton, my musical chums, have disappeared after talks
of a jam time in cobourg...losers. (just kidding guys, love.) Brother
Adam is all done his schoolwork and probably hoping for a
few kind folks and few cold pints. Sounds like a plan. Hopefully,
he'll be coming to visit soon. The homechurch/smallgroup goes
on and we've been making the trek to hamilton as a means of
'meeting in the middle' and the meeting house. No more Guelph
to St. Catharines and back.

Here's a funny quote as I have nothing else to say:
'The name Jimmy Eat World did not refer to lead singer Jim Adkins.
Tom Linton's younger siblings, Ed and Jimmy, fought constantly when
they were younger. Jimmy, who was stronger and heavier, would
usually win. Ed, at 8-years-old, as revenge, drew with crayons a
picture of Jimmy shoving the entire world into his gaping mouth with the
caption, "Jimmy eat world." '

website statistics