Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Snow Day



It's enjoyable to have a day to do nothing. My time is
uber-scheduled these days and for once, I'm actually not
minding the mass amounts of white shyzen falling from
the sky's big pooper. Of course, I would think differently
if I had to work. Ottawa gets way more snow than St.
Catharines. In reality, though, not even weeks of tropical
weather from january to march could make me choose
to live there again.

Sarah is doing some homework. I think I should write
some Christmas cards.

For some reason, this quote is resounding with me
today (from Donald Miller's 'Searching For God Knows
What'):

"The lifeboat system of redemption seems so ugly in comparison
to the love of God. We can trust our fate to a jury of peers in the
lifeboat, we can work to accumulate wealth, buy beauty under a
surgeon's knife, panic for our identities under the fickle friendship
of culture, and still die in separation from the one voice we
really needed to hear."

Today is a day to think - to reflect - to slow down. The
snow forces us to do so.

website statistics