Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Day Off

No picture caption needed. For some reason, I just feel off
today. It seems as if the cars of my mental train are not
attached and are going different directions, on and off the rails.
I suppose that writing about it should help.

Everything should be fine today - the sun is shining and the
weather is as agreeable as it has been in a long while - but
it's like there's been a curse or hex placed upon me. I have
faith that it will get better.

Sometimes, I think it's because I place way too much value in
money and monetary longing. My mood (unfortunately but
truthfully) tends to depend on the status of my bank account.
Right now, everything is fine. I've been paying bills and even
saving money and making more than I ever have but my
hope needs to root in deeper soil. I know that God is with
me and as storybook or as sunday school-ish as that sounds,
it is a stark truth. He continues to show up in my life in 
interesting ways even when I try to ignore Him.

I need to value my wife more than any other person on this
planet and sometimes, I'm not very good at doing that. 

I need help to make it through...just like everybody else. 

website statistics