Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Oh Yeah...And This Guy Got In!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3126/2832750064_a1dd298f37.jpg?v=0
As somewhat of an addendum to yesterday's post, I wanted to relieve the
blogging world of bloated references (for one day) to President Barrack
Hussein Obama and save any political commentary for today. First,
though, before jumping off the deep end of any lectionaries or essays,
I think it is important to answer a few questions...even if only
for my own peace of mind.


Do I think he's being made into a knight in shining armour?

Most definitely. I guess, though, that view is only a negative one if he
never slays any dragons. Here's hoping his sword is sharp and that his
shield is worthy.

Do I think he will truly be an agent of change?
I'd like to think so but as we all know, the crooked world of politics has
many facets and many illusions. Many have bucked for change and
many (oh, so many) have failed.

What does Obama's U.S. presidency mean to me as a
Canadian?
To be honest, most Canadian citizens are more involved
with the American political world than the Canadian one for a few
obvious reasons:
1. It's like watching a massive religion of hysteria and speaking in
tongues when you are used to a quiet country church with a white
picket fence around it.
2. The American political game is more fun to watch than our
own.
3. Stephen Harper is made of wood. Let's be honest, here.
4. I know Obama could give many NBA players a serious run for
their money on the basketball court (Have you ever seen footage
of him playing? Unreal).

One thing is for sure, though - as far as spreading hope in the
hearts and minds of many, Obama has already won in that
department. I haven't seen an event where so many were
inspired and hopeful (at a massive throng where millions were
gathered) in a long, long time. That's got to be worth something.
Right?

website statistics