Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Talk It Out & Old Friends

It's the way we live, today. I have a lot of Dave Marsh music in my 
noggin. It might be because I am interviewing him tomorrow. I am
excited to speak with the Wizard of Whap (I'm going to call him
that and self-dub the name and become a pop culture, name-dropping
guru) and talk about music with him.

I got the chance to meet up with a very old friend last night. This
friend is so old, in fact, that our relationship dates back to being
born in the same hospital on the same day. How is that for weird?
Anyways, in the conversation, we were able to really lay out how
we feel for each other after a little prologue of usual jibber-jabber.
Mark is a great friend of mine and has supported me through
a lot of endeavours in my life. He is smart, focused and has good
things to say about most things in life. We were in a band together
at the age of 17. We shed a few tears but sucked them back in,
exhibiting a manly strength. It was a good night. 

I also got the chance to talk with someone else today who I
really needed to talk with about some issues in my workplace. 
Maybe it's just me, but I think that many problems within the
human psyche manifest from bottling things up and not saying how
we really feel about one another. Get it out there, man. When
we do get the proverbial 'it' out there, we will feel that much
more ease and flow with whatever we are undertaking.

In Dave Marsh's new album, he talks a lot about the streets
and what was going on during a ripe time in Halifax Music 
History. It is enriching to listen to (and, as always, the snare
and cymbals make your eardrums bleed) - I highly recommend
picking it up. His album is called 'The True Love Rules'.

Sarah and I are headed out for a night on the town together.


website statistics