Thursday, February 05, 2009

I Took The Dartmouth Ferry Into The Town...
http://assets.mog.com/amg/pop/cov200/drh200/h287/h28788thctt.jpg
For some reason, even though it is nowhere near my favourite
Plaskett song, that song (Nowhere With You) gets stuck in
my head for weeks, even if I only a hear a trace of it somewhere.
The ability to write a catchy song is a craft that I have not
yet mastered. Sure - we get all pissed and music-snobacious
when a song is not 'original' or 'truth-holding' but making
a song into a catchy refrain that claws its way into your
cerebrum is a gift that only few possess.

Today was a decent day. I actually had some leftover time at
my job to go and do a few guerilla recordings with Dean.
Will those recordings ever be released publicly? Probably
not but it was nice to know that I can still play drums, bass,
guitars and vocals and record all of those aspects of a whole
song in just over an hour per song. That's the skill. That's
the game.

The sun is dropping down. It is 4:39 pm. Thursday has
been alright.

And that's alright with me.

website statistics