Sunday, February 22, 2009

They Don't Call Me 'Genius' For Nothin!
Okay. It's time to see how I did in my predictions. Can you
feel the electricity in the air? Here we go:

1. a server will get flustered - 
He did. His name is Rod. He was upset that there was no coca
cola in the house (but unbeknownst to either of us, there was
Pepsi). He got a little heated and told me I should do my job
and keep everything stocked. He apologized an hour later and
we laughed about it.

2. someone will complain that a drink is mixed improperly 
when it is actually mixed correctly but not the way THEY 
want
This strange couple comes in, every once in a while, and the 
man has a combover. He always gets a double gin, straight up
with a sidecar of ice. Every time he orders, I always pour two
shots in his glass and his wife ALWAYS comes up to the bar and
complains that it's not a double. This exact scene occurred last
night.

3. I will make at least 5 caesars and 1 manhattan
I came up short on this one. I only made 6 caesars and zero
manhattans.


4. (a certain re-occurring character) will show up and act 
a fool
She did show up and she wanted a draught beer. I said 'Sorry -
I'm not allowed to serve you as per my manager'. She protested
but then exclaimed she had beer at home.

3 out of 4 ain't bad. I'm pretty dang smart.


website statistics