Thursday, March 19, 2009

'As The Sun Went Down Over Kingston'


Kingston is a city of extreme nostalgia for me. I have had
some serious experiences within that place and they always
stick with me when I find myself frequenting the Princess
Street area. I drive by old, tattered street signs (and I
always look for Albert but it's missing) and think of years
gone by.

I'm racing the clock to get this post in on time so I'm
fighting the urge to compress my words and yet do so with
great speed and vigor.

I had a blessed time yesterday and this morning. I was
zapped and awakened. I was uncoiled and uncorked.
The weather reeked of Spring newness and the approach
of new horizons. Thawing dogshit smelled like strawberries
(in the words of Buck 65) and the sun never shone so
bright on the harbour.

I had lunch with a really old friend who I've missed. I
had mid-afternoon coffee and tarts with some great and
wise brothers. I walked around downtown with another
wise brother and spoke of things obscure and sacred.
I ate dinner with some awesome people in an eatery
where I have logged many hours. I had a few drinks
with more friends and watched on old friend play some
serious wankery guitar. I slept over with some close
friends and as the sun rose this morning, we sat
around in their living room, drinking coffee and catching
up on all things. I found an old pair of shorts that a
friend started to sew for me in the summer but never
finished. It made me miss her.

The above pic is a ticket I got for parking on the street
overnight. There was no fine. It was a warning.

You can't put a price on connection. Mission
accomplished. Void filled. Shroud lifted.

Thanks God for speaking to me by the water as the
ice melted under the sun.

website statistics