Monday, March 02, 2009

The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning

I'm excited about a few things. In order to lay out in more detail why I
feel the way I do, though, I think it is necessary to backpedal and give
you some insight into my day.

I slept in. I woke up to Sarah saying 'Oh Sh*T! It's 10 AM!' as she 
needed to be at a class for 8 and I needed to be at work for 9. We both
kind of wilted but got up and put our life machines into action. I hit
the sidewalk and was off to work (while realizing I forgot my gloves 
on the coldest day in over a month). 

I had lunch with my mom. My mom, though I haven't always clicked
with her super-well, is a woman of wisdom and it's been great to 
connect with her on a few lunches this year. I told her about a 
situation that has come up recently concerning one of my places
of my employment. She basically helped me to calm down and
realize that 'jobs are jobs - sometimes things are supposed to
change'. 

Later today, I had another meeting which I was not looking so
admirably towards. It was with a friend who's been in my life
for a while and someone who I'm trying to build something with.
A community. Yeah - build one of those and get back to me.
Anyways, the meeting actually went really well. We talked and
got some things into the open that needed to be aired and did
some forgiving...and moved forwards. The sun set as he drove
me home.

I just got home an hour ago and talked with Sarah about these
meetings (and how I may already have another job lined up) 
and we both felt hopeful. It was a good day...and it's not even
over yet.

When things happen and we feel 'cheated' or 'hurt' or 'jabbed',
there is always a flipside to the coin. We can't predict how
others will act. Sometimes you just have to stick your thumb
back out and hitch another ride on the highway of life because
ultimately, you will end up where you are supposed to end up.

Some days, it's so simple.

website statistics