Monday, March 16, 2009

The Colour Of Monday
The image “http://docs.gimp.org/en/images/glossary/color-model-subtractive.png” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Monday is generally a day where I think my week will
normalize...but it never happens. No matter how grand
my plans are to really map out the coming week and
get a handle on things, other off-map items seem to
crop up and knock things out of whack.

I'm in an office surrounded by books. The shelves
above this computer are 6 tiers high. Working at a
church, I get to see the gamut of literature from a
12 edition set of 'The Expositors Bible Commentary'
to 'Elements of N.T. Greek' to Dostoyevsky's 'The
Idiot'. I wonder how much time was put into one
of these texts, let alone a whole room of them. I feel
the vice of time tighten. We hurtle towards the end
which could come at any moment. The books
continue to inhabit space...untouched...dusty...and
will most likely be there beyond my passing.

I'm not sure how this week will shape up. I have an
idea of how I'd like it to be but in the end, my
wishes and likes aren't always actualized. The
forecast says the weather is supposed to be
admirable. Pleasant. Sunny.

'Stop reading books. Replace the pages of these
books you would have read with life lessons.'

website statistics