Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Fabulous Tuesday and Down With An Irish Tradition

I don't really know history or the liturgy of the above pic but
I needed a nice anti St Patty's Day sentiment to start this blog.
Let's review why this is a moronic holiday:
1. It is an excuse for people for people to get smashed beyond 
recognition and to take in more amounts of alcohol than their
bodies can withstand.
2. Being Irish becomes a fad as opposed to delving into the
true history, conquests and struggles of Irish folk.
3. Every establishment you try to frequent will be jammed
with idiotic, foolish children who can't make eye contact 
with you because they are sloshed and stink like chicken
wings, vodka and recycled alcohol that is seeping through
their pores.

That's why St Patty's day sucks. 

I had a great day today. I had the chance to work for my dad
and move some boxes around in a dusty basement. I have a
bit of an idyllic view of my dad's office. I have spent many 
hours of my life there, grinding away to help commoners get
decent tax returns from Revenue Canada. One of the things
I love about working with my dad is that it gives me a chance
to hang out with him and chat about everything and 
absolutely nothing at all. Another great thing about working
for my dad is my relationship with ex-NHL grinder Laurie
Boschman. He works on the same floor as my dad and any
chance I get to pick his brain on the inner workings of the
NHL, I exploit at all costs (to the point of him sometimes
getting droopy eyed). 

I had the chance to have lunch with dad and Laurie today.
It was a great time. We all swapped some stories. I actually
even forgot where I was for a little  while. That's the good
stuff.

This week is turning out alright. Right now, I am hangin'
out on Anti-St. Patty's day with Sarah and a few of her
friends from teacher's college in our tiny apartment.


website statistics