Sunday, March 22, 2009

Feeling Good Despite Being Bad

The past few days (since I got back from Kingston), I have
felt a little off. The last 2 mornings, though, I knew something
was wrong when I woke up to the sound of something like
jiffy pop at boiling point. The noise was coming from lungs
and chestal region. It seems I have something going on down
there as I've been coughin' up golden brown nuggets of joy
and my voice sounds like a gravel pit.

Despite that, though, I took some vitamin C and I'm on the
up and up. We shifted a few things around in our apartment
and have a pretty sweet layout, now. We actually have an
eating table (which will be sweet for entertaining - if we
haven't invited you over for a meal, that's why) and
moved the old click-clackety PC into the bedroom. I
fashioned a desk out of some milk crates and a plank
of wood. It is very low to the ground but it seems to be
doing the trick in terms of maximizing what limited
space we have in this pad.

Village people happens tonight. I'm leaving in a few
minutes. Guess I better get dressed. Here's to crackly
lungs and warmer days on the horizon.

(On another note, I only have 9 days left until the
re-boot of beer season. It's become so bad that the
other night, I actually had a dream about being at a
bar with some friends and a bartender poured me a
dark brown ale into a frosty glass. He passed it my
way and I smelt the haunting, hoppy aroma. As I
began to press it to my lips to sip, I pulled it away
and blurted 'Oh CRAP! I can't drink beer yet! It's
still March!' Then I woke up sweaty and upset.
I wish I didn't like beer as much as I do.)

website statistics