Sunday, March 01, 2009

It's All Gonna Break

I can hear the hum of the desktop computer. Sarah is fast 
asleep and tired from her trip home. I'm beginning
to wonder if peace is really a myth that evades me.
Unrest abounds.

Over the last few years, I have been placed in some 
situations where serious injustice has gone on and I have
found myself put in positions where I have had to take
a side and fight. It's wearing. I wish I could take a vacation
and stick my feet in the ocean. Now that I've experienced
the feeling of fighting for what's right a few times,
though, I must admit - it is a bit of a drug. I would
categorize the drug as being hallucinogenic because
everywhere I look now, I see injustice and the need
and call for me to step up and fight. If I truly and 
honestly adhere to Jesus and his teachings, I cannot
ignore the fact that he spent a lot of his time opposing
and challenging the powers of complacency and comfort.
He was peaceful...but he also flipped tables when the
time was right.

Something happened today that I can't fully talk about
but I want you all to know that I am in a fight. It is going
to be hard-pressed, dirty and trench-based but it must
happen. For a long time, I thought being peaceful meant
dodging conflict. Now I see the need to fight those
who have, for too long, preyed on those not strong
enough to fight back. 

I'll be thinking of you all as I prep for battle.

More to come.

website statistics