Friday, March 13, 2009

A New Day

Sometimes a new day can bring many things. The promise of hope.
Forgiveness. Freshly ground coffee. A new perspective. A good 
night's sleep is like the master switch or reset button on the 
machine of life. We get a new chance with each waking moment 
to set things right.

Other times, hitting that alarm clock snooze because we know
what is coming can be a real bitch. Either way you spin it - it's a
chance.

I had the chance to meet with someone today and set a few things
right. It was good. Last summer was a very difficult summer for
myself and my wife and though I've hinted at it at times, it really
sucked. To break the surface on the depth of the issues wouldn't
do any good but just know that it was a struggle and an uphill
grind to stay where we stayed last summer. This person I met
with today could be considered a purveyor of bad vibes from that
time in our lives and I was glad to at least make forward progress
in the direction of reconciling. Careful - don't use that word
(reconciliation) unless you really know what it means. Many
use it lightly. I try my best to respect its depth (almost like
sailors who are comfortable with water but who still possess a
healthy fear of the sea) and use it lightly.

Anyways, things are at least moving forward. It's a good feeling
to get an old, rusted train back on the rails. 

A wise man once said to me 'Because we are so messed up as
humans, reconciliation is the most beautiful thing we can do'.
We weren't meant to slug around with so much shit, hurt, 
malcontent, unforgiveness and negative juice in our lives. I
truly believe that. I'm not saying we can live without it - that
stuff will always plague the human condition. But if we don't
find ways to deal with and properly medicate those things
(without the use of North American medication), we are
stuck.

I'm thankful for today. 

website statistics