Saturday, March 21, 2009

No One Cares About Weekend Blogging

I'm not kidding. It's true. Sure, I'm trying to spin out 365 interesting
blogs this year but that's a little hard to do when the weekend comes
and my brain is mashed potatoes and gravy.

I'm watching the first Pink Panther (of the Steve Martin re-makes)
and I have to say that despite bad press, this film is hilarious. The
newest one, however, sucked so bad that I actually felt ill after it
was over. I couldn't believe that a film containing Steve Martin,
Andy Garcia, John Cleese, Alfred Molina and many more could
have been so poorly written that it made me ache. 

Steve Martin is a great comedian. Watching his older works like
Roxanne shows his ability to ad-lib, use wordplay and exploit the
physical side of slapstick all in one motion. He truly is a well-
rounded actor and comic. Now, though, it's getting apparent that
he is getting older and a little less able to branch out. Even the
first Pink Panther gets a little tiring at times but it still has its
moments of Martin hilarity. He seems to be getting pegged and
pinned down by studios. I really want to read his book 'Pure
Drivel' sometime.

Sarah is resting beside me. It's time to pull the shades down on
the world.

Lycra is important.

website statistics