Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Buy Me Some Peanuts And Cracker Jacks

In another age, I was a softball player. I was actually even
part of a church league that had a famous 'bench-clearing'
brawl. No joke. Those days were special. Newly budding
dandelions filled the outfields. The crack of a bat meant
you needed to pay attention to your surroundings. Most
of all, though, I remember cheering on friends, teammates
and cracking the most borderline (and beyond border)
jokes possible on the bench. The social aspect of softball
is massive and something that is near and dear to my
heart.

A mere week ago, I signed myself, Sarah and a few
family and friends up for a spring/summer softball league.
It's going to be epic, no matter what happens. Tonight is
our first practice.

I'll let you know who the early golden glove nominees
are. Here's the roster:

Me (el capitano)
Sarah (solid swing)
Adam (my bro/jittery speed)
Steve Gray (big blue)
Joel Stewart (The Gospel Enforcer)
Caleb Cowal (small and sultry)
Jon Blooms (possible triple crowner)
O-Dog (all around showboat)
L-Dog (Jakartan Jaguar)
Neil Strobe-Light (worked with me at the call centre in St C.)
Courtney (Sarah's old Cobourg friend)
Connor (Sarah's friend's boyfriend)
Eric Starra (Master Chief)
Matt Starra (monkey man)
Chrissy (new girl)

website statistics