Friday, April 03, 2009

Don't Hate: Participate

Today has been off-kilter so far. I was supposed to meet
an old friend for coffee but our wires got crossed. That is
the downfall of text communication. Anyways, we
re-scheduled and since I was up early with nothing to do
today (until I have to go to work at 4), I decided to
pound the pavement for a good old-fashioned run. It
felt good even though I only ran about half of my usual
distance. It was beneficial just to get back into that
mindset.

I wonder why the movie 'Be Cool' was such a flop. As
you can see in the picture above, two of the main actors
are Vince Vaughn and The Rock. It was supposed to be
a bit of a sequel to 'Get Shorty' (which was a stand-alone
great film based on Elmore Leonard's novel) but it
just didn't have the same grit. The whole thing felt too
airy and forced. Basically, that movie (Be Cool) has
marked a poignant downfall in the realm of film for
John Travolta. At one time during his years of re-
surgence, anything he touched was gold. Now, he
can't even get people to see his films when he is an
animated dog. Anyways - this was a tangent.

Had a great communal dinner last night with Sarah and
our housemate/bassist Landon.

The weekend is here. I have to change modes and go
to work. No time for losers. We are the champions.

Yay.

website statistics