Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Good Things Come In Threes
http://www.exclaim.ca/images/up-2joel.jpg
It's April, motherfucker.

Now if THAT wasn't a random/pointless act of potty mouth,
I don't know WHAT was. It felt right to write it, though, and
it seems in congruence with things happening in my life these
days...so it's staying there. The AK 47 of swear words. The
crowd pleaser. Eddie Murphy's Machete.

I'm knee deep into JP's new full length (well - more than full
length, actually) release 'Three'. Upon hearing about this
triple disc, I didn't know what to think. Three full cd's of new
material? 27 songs? An act similar to this magnitude hasn't
been pulled off in my books since the Pumpkins released 28
new tracks on Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

So far so good. I'm only one cd in but Joel never fails to
satisfy my musical cravings. I'll probably write a full review
soon. Review writing. There's something I need to do.

But instead, I'll end poetically (picture Joel singing).

It was a balmy walk to work today, the birds were singin'
Neighbours were on their patios, coffee cups dingin'
Didn't know exactly what this day was bringin'
It didn't even bug me that my shirt was static clingin'

Welcome April, I open my arms to you
Ravens crow and tractors fire up on their farms to do
The work that's been hiding like a haystack splinter
Under the shell of winter

Oh March, oh dear boy - I'm so glad you're gone
Didn't mind Jan or Feb but you sure dragged on
Up, down, around and way beyond
The weather was my emotional stereo song

Welcome April, I open my arms to you
Ravens crow and tractors fire up on their farms to do
The work that's been hiding like a haystack splinter
Under the shell of winter

Brother March says Sister April is a girl for fools
Cause in this government town, everyone follows the
rules
She might cry too much but her tears are jewels
Cause her showers bring flowers and lakes and
swimming pools

website statistics