Saturday, April 11, 2009

Haunted By The Ocean

Sometimes I wonder how I'll go.
Where and when. What I'll be wearing. 
Will I be old or will I be young?
Will I be judged?
Will I have some satisfaction in going?

I have had some experiences involving the ocean.
Catharsis. Meditation. Therapy.
Some of my greatest moments in this life have happened
near the Atlantic. 
I've never been a fan of the Pacific (even though everyone
raves about it including Dennis Wilson). 
I prefer the cold contrast.
I like the feeling of being ice cold and having my body
get comfortable over time in the water.
The salt on my lips.
Undertow sucking up sandstorms all around my feet.
Pulling me in deeper. 

Florida.
Halifax.
P.E.I. 
These places have all been special. 
The people from those places are better.

I remember being in P.E.I in a rough state. 
You were there when I needed You.
I remember boogie boarding in Florida.
You calmed me.
I remember Halifax and Peggy's Cove.
I gained a fear of your vastness and strength.

Sometimes I wonder how I'll go.
In a water casket, I hope, with all loved ones staring.
Off a rocky cliff, I'll hopefully be flung.
Without a grudge.
I'll be under before the tide starts rolling.


website statistics