Sunday, April 12, 2009

Silly Rabbit! Easter Is For Jesus

This was the actual name of an article I found on google re:
the conflict between The Easter Bunny and Jesus. Weird.
It's kinda funny, though, to even think that there is an
actual conflict between the two. 

Why are Christians so often such weird, paranoid, deluded
donkeys? I know - they're human. I'm human. We're all
human. I've heard that and used that argument many times
before. And it's not even like my argument is with ALL
Christians. I think it's more with the right-wing, slick-hair,
ultra-conservo, ultra-evanjo sect. It's so weird to think 
that when the bible (which is to say the main source and
root teaching of the Christian faith) counteracts what
Christians say and do, the common reaction is reject the
Christian faith as opposed to investigating the source and
seeing how the people got it wrong. 

We are a knee-jerk society and we live for impulse. We
point fingers. We need a culprit to judge - and we need
one quick. 

This Easter was a very moderate one. I had a half-day
dinner with some extended fam, cousins, aunts and 
unks. Sarah and I went for a walk and grabbed some
frosty Creemore together as the sun went down. The
weather is warming.

Someone died a long time ago and then beat death...
or so I hear. 


website statistics