Monday, May 04, 2009

You Can't Kill What You Can't See

Today was a day and a half. It started with an early morning
buzz from my vibrating cell phone alarm clock. I hit the snooze
and slept a bit longer. At 8:20, I decided that seeing as I needed
to be at work for 9, it was time to rise. I rose. I had a lot of
things that needed to get done today...and they all seemingly
did get 'done'.

First off, I had to head in to work to make sure everything
was fine at Ecclesiax and that no alarms were going off and
that the mail was taken in and that the phone messages were
answered. After that, I headed on out to my old stomping
grounds - Nepean. I needed a new bank card and that's where
my home bank branch is located. After an easy cruise on the
417 (where I watched rows of cars stuck in effigy on the east
bound side), I popped into my bank and was out in minutes
(after a mysterious bank card issue). I grabbed a timmy ho's
large double double and everything bagel with cream cheese
(because I was craving as such) and hit the 417 again. 

Knowing that I had to record an EP today in a short 
amount of time, I prioritized everything that I needed to
do in the studio (i.e. who plays what, when each track needed
to be done, etc.). After a late arrival from drummer (due to
bowel issues), we were on track by 3 pm. It's now 2:28 am.
Everyone laid down their main parts. 4 songs. Done. 

My pipes are toast...but I feel like I could still perform
live and do well. Everything was efficient. 

I'm really looking forward to the happenings of this summer.


website statistics