Monday, June 29, 2009

City Summer
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2269/2499883760_25dd3fb798_o.jpg
It's been a few years since I've spent an entire summer within the
realm of a full-blown city. So far, it has been an easy transition
as I've had many activities that have focused my passion and
creative lens. Pubs are great in the summer and always ready
to pour you an icy lager (as long as have the shillings to shell
out!). The heat hasn't been horrible yet and living in a basement
pad keeps sleeping conditions fairly cool.

There is a part of me, though, that longs for open meadows, lakes,
and telephone wires leading deep into the Canadian shield. I
experienced a bit of that last week when I visited my friend
Scott at his cottage. I am looking forward to an upcoming
weekend of country/cottage action as Graven gets ready to take
the Rideau Lakes district as they roll into Duck's Roadhouse in
Westport. There should be a good crew of folks coming and
it should be a night to remember.

Change is always good - and thank God for the fact that we
live in a fluid state of flux.

(Oh - and if you're at all around Ottawa, come out tomorrow
night to see Graven take the legendary stage at The Rainbow
in the heart of the Market. We'll be opening for a Toronto
band called Jane's Party and the evening's festivities will
kick off around 9 pm.)

website statistics