Monday, June 15, 2009

The Grass Is Always Greener

It sure is.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about old friends. I'm not talking
about the superficial high-school party friends (although some of
those might turn out to be substantial if you make it past high
school) - I'm talking about those people you've shared pretty deep
moments with and now - you have no sweet clue where they
are.

This happened most recently when I had the chance to visit
some old-school homies in Toronto. It was quite a cast of
characters but it felt really natural and normal - like we all
just sort of eased back into it. 

At times, I find a random memory of someone just hits me like
a ton of bricks. I'll be standing in line in the Glebe, waiting for
my coffee - and BAM! I am tossed down memory lane like
mental tumbleweed in the spaghetti western of my sub-
conscious.

Do we all make choices to leave people behind? Or do those 
who left know some sort of secret or ultimate-good type 
thing about what they are doing? Or are they just all high
somewhere - smoking in a field in BC? 

Whatever the answer is...I don't want to know it.

Let that grass stay green.
Let the mystery remain fresh.

website statistics