Friday, June 12, 2009

Not In The T Dot

Not in Toronto anymore. That city is dead to me, now.

Just kidding.

Actually, I'll be back on wednesday. Yesterday was a short trip/adventure/
mental vacation. I had the chance to zip into town (4 hours each way) and
visit some old Camp friends (and when I say old, I mean they are my age!)
and chill. It felt like a staff day off from 1995. Pretty surreal. Good friends,
though, are ones that you don't need much effort to pick up from where you 
last left off. One friend in particular I hadn't seen since she was about 20 - 
She is now 32. All in all, the trip was a total success (minus the fact that I 
feel like ass today from zero sleep in a different bed than my own).

Toronto is like a distant friend to me. If I could describe the kind of 
friendship Toronto and I have, it would be that of me spotting Toronto
at a party of mutual friends and Toronto recognizing me, and each of
us giving the wink and the gun to each other from across the crowded 
room - and then going about our business.
There's not much below the exterior - but there is no negativity. I 
mostly just feel indifferent towards the actual city, itself. I feel like it
has some cool spots but due to its sprawling nature, I could really
take it or leave it. But that's just me. It's a pretty great city.

Wednesday June 17th - The Horseshoe - 8 pm.
Come and see us play.

Matty







website statistics