Sunday, August 16, 2009

Help! I'm Alive!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1173/676142105_8b577f866e.jpg
Why do we do what we do? What is the inner force that drives us?
Is it hate? Is it passion? Is it fear of being homeless? Is it fear of
boredom or awkward conversation? Why do we run from those
who love us? Why do we distance ourselves when closeness is
what we need? Why do we spend so much time on our bodies
when they all become dilapidated sacks of cells?

I had the chance to ask questions with some old friends last
night in our backyard - a backyard that we can only enjoy for
a matter of days before we move out of town. I awoke in the
night last night absolutely caked with sweat. The sheets were
a tangled cacophony of sarcophagi. The heat made us irritable.
The temperature of the breath leaving my body as I exhaled
seemed cooler than the temperature of the air in the room.

'I'm lovin' every minute with this damn crew!' -Royal Tenenbaum

website statistics