Friday, September 11, 2009

Kingston Gold
I had the chance to spend some time with some great friends
who are very dear to me yesterday and today. I tend to forget
that friends have other lives, too - professional, relational,
passion-oriented - I just think of them as friends. A lot of my
friends in K town orbit around a place called NeXt Church.
If you're ever in the Colborne street area, you should check
it out. If I lived in Kingston, I would absolutely go there.
There's nothing flashy about it. It's not a mega-church. It's
bare bones and real people. My friend Garry lives a few steps
away from the actual building with his lovely wife and 2 kids.

On thursday night, I bugged out of Ottawa and grabbed a few
pints with Garry, Todd and Brendonian (anyone else would
have been welcome) at the famed Kingston Brew Pub. If I
lived in Kingston, this would be my pub. The beers I tried
were all locally brewed - Dragoon's Breath Pale Ale, White
Tail Cream Ale and Downtown Brown. Downtown Brown was
odd tasting but the others were lovely and flavourful.

On friday morning, after catching a glorious sleep in the House
Famous, I arose to a morning house meeting and helped
Brendan and Garry set up a NeXt Church booth at the Queen's
sidewalk sale. The Queen's organizers thought it best to put
all of the Christians together in the same section. Regardless,
I think NeXt had the coolest most original booth set up of
anyone there. Many friends who are new Queens students
walked by and helped me remember why I love Kingston -
it tends to be inhabited by many people I love.

After spending a little time with Sister Blender (Liz) at the
Sleepless Goat, I grabbed some spicy lunch with Todd at the
Wok-In. He spoke about becoming a father and I shared about
my recent baby experience.

We are all getting old.

website statistics