Monday, September 14, 2009

Simmadanna (Simmer-down-now)
I think that negative energy is a bit of a catch 22. Everyone always
says you should be honest - but is honesty the best policy if you
are constantly feeling down and bummed and taxi-cab floor-licking?
Should you sometimes fake feeling up? Can this be a positive
exercise? I suppose that as I myself have gone through bouts of
depression, someone else telling me to 'fake it' would be rather
annoying and side-piercing.

Sometimes, though, I have to HAVE TO look at the positives of
my situation and lay them out on paper to actually see what I
can like and be enthused about.

1. Since September has started, the weather has been unbelievable
and sunny and balmy and hot during the day and cold for sleeping
at night and that is awesome.

2. I have made some money doing booking and working from
home - hopefully this lasts and I can do more of it.

3. I am closer to friends and fam who live in the Toronto region
and due to my open schedule, I am more able to go see them now
than when I worked 3 jobs and lived in Ottawa (5 hrs away).

4. It sounds kinda queer and sunday-school-esque but I made a
prayer map of different friends and fam and where they live,
throughout North America and so even when I'm not feeling
super-spiritual, I can at least see the map and remember fond
memories of them.

5. I created a very slow-moving and very dry comedy show. It
is fun doing this.

Reminding myself of these things is an important practice.

website statistics