Friday, October 23, 2009

Kid In A Candy Store
It's important to still have those moments in life where you get
'wowed' by something. Growing up, it's easy to become snobby
and expectant of the way things will turn out. Last night, I
was a kid in a candy store.

David Bazan has been somewhat of an invisible inspiration in
my life...until last night. He was very visible last night. Playing
mostly bass for a full set of rockin' tunes (which included a
few old Pedro The Lion throwbacks), Bazan didn't move much
or have what most marketeers of the music scene would call
'stage presence', but he sure rocked the crowd with lo-fi
thunder. Last night was my first time seeing him live and
hopefully not my last. His style has been a major musical
driver for me (especially within Graven) and he even sort of
helped me to wake up and get serious about this blog.

As I panned the crowd last night, I saw my friend Tyrone (of
Silver Speakers) standing stage left with the look of an awed
child meeting Santa Claus. My cousin Ben and his friend
Jake felt the same way.

Thank you Mister Bazan - for making me feel alive.


website statistics