Thursday, December 03, 2009

I Just Wanna Bang On My Drum All Day
Why do drummers always die quicker than other band members?

A lot of the time, I think about Zeppelin. Their music influenced
me in a very vulnerable musical stage in my life. In fact, 'Black
Country Woman' is playing in the background as I write this.
Their southern bluesy structure mixed with the ridiculous
vocality of Plant and extra-terrestrial riffage of Sir Page were
and are something to marvel. I think that all modern music
listeners need to go through a Zeppelin stage.

For me, it was when I was 16. I loved 'Tangerine'. Something
about it reminded me of summer in a way that nothing else
could. It also helped me to sit in my bedroom for hours on end
and reminisce instead of living in the now. There's a certain
nostalgic aspect to their style that cannot be fully explained.

And although I look back and think 'Man, I spent a lot of time
reminiscing and listening to Zeppelin in my late teens', I now
know an immutable truth about living life to the fullest:

Living in the now is pretty overrated.

website statistics