Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Yearning To Expunge
Most of my life, these days, is 'keep-up' - perform the tasks that need
to get done and sideline anything else. The problem with that
mentality is the lack of zest or zeal that I have for writing or
creating anything that requires my time. On top of that, my
grammatical incisiveness has become shockingly detrital. It's
pretty beleaguering.

I do what needs doing - close my computer -
fall asleep - and repeat the cycle.

I wonder if there will ever be a season in my life where the
balance will be weighed and set. I wonder when passion will
closely connect with discipline - that's the elusive carrot.

February is proving to be kind of a rough month on all counts.
A sickness coupled with an upcoming major car repair has
really made me sullen with a burden-esque walk.

Birds. Brighter mornings. More sun.

All good things to come.

website statistics