Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In The Heat Of The Day
Wait - isn't that expression supposed to be 'In The Heat Of The
Night'? Well, in today's case, it applies - seeing as it's 26 friggin' slimy
degrees out already and it's 9:59 am. Yipes.

Something about the heat makes everyone sort of slow down but
speed up at the same time. People get 'bat-shit' nuts in the heat. I
remember once, a few years back, I had a bit of a panic attack walking
home from the call centre. I had left work early due to an overage
that day and it was 2 PM around this time of year. The weather had
been decent and the day was nowhere near as hot when I walked to
work but on that walk home, I was a sloppy mess. The sun felt like
it was poking holes in my consciousness - eating my mind. By the time
I got to our apartment (which is up 3 floors), I felt like I was going
to die - literally. My pulse rate was like 144 or higher. Within a
few minutes of being in my relatively cool apartment, I was fine.

Normalcy restoreth.

This summer will be an interesting one. Sarah and I will have a lot of
time off together (although I'll still be working, somewhat) and we
have 5 weddings. Yeah. 5 weddings man. You don't know whether to
laugh or cry. Within that mix, though, I have a few goals I'd like to
share:

1. stay active
2. finish up my next musical project 'Zenith The Meadow'
3. hang on the porches of cottages with a cold bevvy in my hand
4. make fires at those same cottages
5. get back into creative writing and work on my long-lost book
6. eat chips
7. swim
8. watch movies (like this one)
9. barbeque
10. play guitar, harmonica, drums, bass and piano
11. go to seedy rock shows and get inspired (like this one)
12. stay in touch with friends and build into lives
13. be a better listener

I'm sure there are more...but that's a good enough start.
Help me with my list if you think of it.

website statistics