Sunday, June 20, 2010

Yesterday & Today
Some days, things work out.

Yesterday, after a few crazy debacles, Sarah and I managed to make
it to Toronto Island to see the 'big rock' show. I'll write in more
detail about this in a few days when I put up a spread on Thick
Specs. It will be epic. Just you wait. For me, it was a
pretty massive thrill seeing Pavement (who have rocked in my
headphones for decades but never on a live stage until yesterday) -
I even got to see the band blow up at each other a few times when
Malkmus started whining about something and Spiral Stairs gave
him a 'don't be a baby' look. Priceless.

The jewel of the day, though, was BSS. They rocked in a way that only
they can and there is something comforting about seeing a band you
like live. It's almost like visiting old friends. The sun set on a day
when thunderstorms were expected to rain down in bounty and
it seemed the tides were reversed. We heard 'Shady Lane' being
played as we boarded the ferry to avoid the massive hoards of
crowds, ushering us off into the luminous cityscape of Toronto
via the cool waters of Lake Ontario.

Today, though, I'm in a funk. Yeah, I hit the ultimate hard - but
there is something down deep I must get to and I'm delaying it.
I'm unsure. I'm uncertain. I'm nervous. I need re-assurance that
I'm doing the 'right' thing when in reality no one knows what the
'right' thing is. I wish there could be an easier way.

I really do.



website statistics