Sunday, October 24, 2010

Everybody Loves It Here

Prairies -- Alberta
















There are a lot of things going on. But then again, there always is a lot
goin' on...isn't there?

For starters, I'm heading out on a trip to the Western side of Canada - a
side that I've never truly experienced or seen in any great detail (save for
the popular patches of British Columbia). On this trip, I will be playing
acoustic/harp-driven folk music (that you can read more about here) with
an old friend who now goes by the name of JD Edwards. We are playing
8 shows in B.C. (all over the interior and exterior), 3 shows in Alberta
and 3 more spread across Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

So that's big. I leave on Sunday. I don't know what to expect - mostly
because I've never really played on my own (without a band) AND I've
never set foot in any of the prairie provinces. I'll be sure to drop some
updates from time to time (at the above link).

For seconders, things are busy on the homefront with writing, taking in
as many shows as I can before I hit the road, artist and actor interviews,
packing, random laundry, pub trips with old friends, and just trying to
stay more positive about the Northumberland region. I'm also keeping
an idea frying in the hopper about documenting and compiling a film and
book about somewhat successful musicians in Canada and what makes
Canadian artists stand-out performers in a competitive scene.

I'm not sure how it will pan out. Therein lies both the excitement and
the stress.

Keep me in your thoughts, dear friends and fam. I know I am being
selfish right now but I am thankful for all of you.

website statistics