Wednesday, January 19, 2011

All The Small Things/Mancation #2

I know that living for the temporary is not always a fix for issues, but man
I am looking forward to tonight. A getaway. A vacation from problems and
issues. Tonight = Kingston. Tonight = friends, beverages, billiards in a
hillbilly bar, boatloads of dancing cougars (sometimes not even on the
dance floor) with two of my hilarious co-horts - Shay and Tay (Shane and
Taylor).

On the tour, I learned to live for the temporary as a means of finding
joy and extending the trip in a mental capacity. I mean, if you're on a
vacation and all you do is plan for the future, what good is that? Tonight,
I will be a temporary soul. I will let the beats of idiom pulse through
my rusty, mortal shell. I will shelf the conservative rabbit I've become -
and let loose the wild badger within me that is so often shackled.

Right now, the sun is shining on the snowy fields of the school turf.
The sky is a cold blue that brings with it pacification for many. I
am going to make coffee and be in this moment. I am going to look
forward to seeing silly friends. I am going to play Sega Genesis.

website statistics