Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We're In For Weather

Last year, most of Ontario was treated to a mild winter. January felt
more like November and patches of snow landed only to disappear
quickly through grass and mud. This year, a real winter is upon us and
we are only on the cusp of an overflowing glass. Cold, cold temperatures
that make us feel like escaping the earth; crusted windshields; frozen
toes that thaw out only moments before heading back into the wickedness
again; virtually tapped noses; frozen facial hair; 24/7 toquehead...

All that good stuff.

But we are in for weather, regardless - there is no avoidance. Batten
down the hatches, Becky. Make the best of it. Strap yourself in for a long,
uncomfortable ride. There's something about the inevitability of winter
that is frightening and yet, at the same time, inspiring. It's a time of
pain and reflection. Self-examination.

I've done some stupid shit in my life. You don't even want to know.
Will it remain secret or will the depths of my pain be a picture show?
Time and time again to my own vomit I have run.
Will you still be my friend when you've seen what I've done?
The summer is a distant thought - a shoot through the snow.
For deep, deep into winter we all must go.

website statistics