Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Dark So Deep

I think that I have pretty high expectations for my friends and when
I don't hear back from them, I sort of take that to heart. I know that we
all get busy and that we all have lives and all of that blah blah b.s.
ladeeda, but I really think that in this day and age, if someone responds
with silence to a question or a query, the only excuse is laziness.

Even making up a lie is better than a non-response - because if
someone responds with a lie, at least you know they've read your
message. The non-response is not communication; its mostly
laziness. Working in a professional environment, sometimes people
will use the old 'Oh well, I didn't have an answer yet' disclaimer to
defend their non-response when in reality, a 3 worded email saying
'I'm not sure yet' at least lets you know that the receiver has read
what you said and is taking steps towards a solution.

Sometimes, I want to move to a cabin by myself. I know I'm a
people person and a very sociable being but really - I could use
a break from people for a while.

website statistics