Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Islands Of Stone




















So this morning, after an egg sandwich with a dear friend, Ben and I
hit the CFRC Queens radio airwaves for an interview on our friend
Dorothea's show. (You can listen to the full interview here and then
selecting Feb 9, 2011, 1300 hrs from the dropdown menus). It
reminded me of how much I love useless banter in the right context.

We played a few tracks and talked about upcoming releases and doing
so the day after a show made us actually feel like a band - a real
band! Brendan couldn't make it but Ben and I plucked along as a duo
and even though my voice was a bit quiet at times, it was fine and
dandy.

The first two songs we played were ones we had wanted to shelf
for a while (Let's Go Out Tonight & Otter Lake Sound), but in
playing them I think we were reminded of the love, warmth and
memories that they bring (especially to me).

And in playing that song about Otter Lake
In a radio studio in Kingston 
The words came alive as I sang and spake
All the memories glowed and mixed in


And I was transported to a place with my friends
Steve and Joel out on the water
Acting like asses and laughin' to no ends
By the shack turned cottage on old otter


Islands of Stone
Crumble Down
Voice on a phone
The Years, They Pound

website statistics