Friday, February 11, 2011

Ole Stompin' Grounds







































Today, I did had re-visitation of my roots.

Saint Catharines.

After meeting up with some friends, I took the opportunity to stroll through
the old Cor-Bloc building on King St - the building that housed (and still
houses) the call centre I worked within for 3 years. June of 2007 was the
last time I'd even set foot in that place.

It felt like a closed chapter in my life - it was surreal, brighter and much
smaller than I remember. The landscape of my mind made that job into
something much bigger than it was - but that was also due to massive
amounts of anxiety.

I walked around the lobby, past the old coffee stand where I used to get
a midday muffin. It was empty - a ghost town. I wasn't sure if anyone still
worked there but I heard water running behind a counter somewhere.

I guess I wanted to feel something - I wanted to connect. But I felt nothing.
That guy who worked at that call centre is long gone - and the anxiety with
him.

This aging, bitter, passionate, broke man is all that's left.

website statistics