Sunday, February 06, 2011

Sometimes Sundays

At times, there is a faint whisper. A stirring in the trees. And even
deep in the winter's grasp, an exhale from the heavens reigns down its
bounty. A smell of chimney smoke on a mild day. You can go outside
without a jacket for more than 3 minutes. The sun is seemingly
buoyant, even past 5 pm on a February weeknight. Your debts float
out of your being and into thin air for a few moments as you inhale
through your nose.

And suddenly, you know it's going to be alright.

Yesterday was an alright day. I watched the Superbowl with some
family. The Steelers didn't win. This made my already alright day
even better. I drank some Creemore. I ate a few sausages. I ate
some veggies.

I need to get out and start pounding the pavement again. Sadly,
I miss the burn that comes with running and it's been a long while
since I've hit it. I feel like I could take that on again.

Can we control what happens?
Maybe.

website statistics