Saturday, April 23, 2011

Where Is My Mind?
 
One of the oddest things happened to me on thursday night.

I was driving to Kingston with my friend Taylor (on the toes of an
upcoming Graven show) and the sun was setting on the 401. About an
hour into the car ride, I felt like I was on a massive high. My brain and
body actually felt disconnected and for most of the evening, I had this
same sensation. It's as if I was functioning fine and interacting with
people in a pleasant and normal manner, but I was analyzing why I
said and did everything in a bit of a paranoid episode.

After a decent night of sleep (and almost nodding off on the dark and
dismal 401 a few times on the way home), I felt like I had gone through
a bit of a wormhole in the universe. My head felt heavy and even for a
part of the next morning, I felt detached from myself. On a tether
from the ship - watching it all happen powerlessly.

I think it may be a connection to anxiety and a few other factors
but whatever it was, it's nice to be on the other side.

Easter feaster. Strap on the bibs.

website statistics