Tuesday, April 07, 2015

I'm Addicted To Being Liked By Everyone








-Donald Miller (Blue Like Jazz)

Sometimes, I hate the pages of my book. I look back and re-trace my steps, and I can see that my motivation has been dipped the warm waters of social acceptance. I have an addiction - and it's called 'being liked by everyone' (BLBE). 

It's an epidemic, and I don't think there is a cure. I've asked others about how to combat it, but then I usually stop asking once the conversation turns serious or awkward, and I try to interject a real funny joke so that they'll laugh and forget about my problems. Laughing makes people like me.

Even if there is a hint of conflict with someone, I try to escape it because I am worried that the conflict will bring a bitter, raging fire of hatred.

We are all insecure.

website statistics