Thursday, April 09, 2015

Time Crime


Today, I woke up around 8:20 am and thought 'Wow - I have the whole day ahead of me!' and sauntered to the bathroom. I went in the bathroom for what seemed like 10 minutes. 45 minutes later, I checked the clock and wondered how time evaded me like that. That minx.

It is now 12:57 am, and this day shot past me like a rocket to the outer rim of Neptune.

Some days, the tricksy fox of time is sand in our fingers. Seemingly in our grasp, but quickly and elusively falling into the wind.

On a coffee shop walk at 2 pm, the wind was a forcefield against me, pushing my body to an angular shark fin through the ocean of air. And I liked the feeling. I was forced to slow down.

It's shooting past us, in crack-sparks from a cottage fire.

Take hold. Soak. Resonate.

Be present.

website statistics